WEEK/TERM: THIRD TERM/WEEK 1
CLASS: GRADE 5
SUBJECT: CHRISTIAN RELIGIOUS KNOWLEDGE
TOPIC: CHOOSING A CAREER
BRIEF EXPLANATION: A career is a job by which a person earns a living and spends time doing. It is a job that a person has been trained for, and which he or she does for a long period of their life. Careers are generally long-term or life-long activities. Our careers enable us to earn some income in order to live and make contributions to our society and environment. Other names for careers are vocation, profession, occupation, or livelihood.
Different careers –
From the Bible, Cain was a farmer. His career was farming and Abel was a shepherd. His career was animal rearing. Below is a list of careers:
- Hair dressing
- Trading etc
How to choose your future career
Getting involved in any career will require spending a lot of time on it. The following are some tips on how to choose a future career.
- Assess yourself: – Know what you like doing, the subjects you are good at, your natural gifts, your values and strengths.
- Make a list of occupations.
- Learn more about other occupations.
- Obtain training. Go to school and study hard.
- Meet a counselor for good career counselling.
- What is a career?
- Write another two words for ‘career’.
- List 10 different careers you know. Don’t name any options from the ones listed in your lesson.
- How can you choose your future career?
- What would you like to be when you grow up?