WEEK/TERM: THIRD TERM/WEEK 3
CLASS: J.S.S 1
SUBJECT: CHRISTIAN RELIGIOUS KNOWLEDGE
TOPIC: PROBLEMS AND BLESSING OF SERVICE
REFERENCE: The Holy Bible and Charlie religious studies 3
Some of the problems which often hinder people from rending services to others are:
- Laziness: some people are to lazy. They always expect others to do everything for them.
- Pride: – A proud person cannot serve others.
- Love for pleasure and comfort:- Anyone who loves pleasure and personal comfort cannot serve others.
- Disloyalty:- Unfaithfulness and lack of accountability are also problems, which usually hinder effective service.
- Discouraging remarks:- When Nehemiah and other Jews began to build the walls of Jerusalem, Sanballat and Tobiah were very angry. They ridiculed them (Nehemiah 4 : 1 -2).
Blessings in service:
- Sense of fulfilment: – When we serve God and his people faithfully, we always have joy and a sense of fulfilment.
- Preservation of life: – By serving the people we help to preserve their lives. With proper management of the food in the storehouses, joseph saved the Egyptians and his father’s house from starvation.
- Good reward: – Those who serve faithfully are always rewarded.
Explain the problems of service and state other blessings in service.