WEEK/TERM: THIRD TERM /WEEK 4
CLASS: Grade 2
DATE: 26th June, 2020
SUBJECT: Basic Science and Technology
TOPIC: Forms of Energy (Light)
Reference: Stan Basic Science and Technology for primary 3.
light energy is very important to both plants and humans. Plants use light energy to generate or produce their food while humans use light energy to see.
Notes for the pupils
Definition of light energy
Light energy is a form of energy that brightens a place.
Sources of light energy
There are two main sources of light energy:
- Natural sources: Sun, Moon and stars.
- Artificial Sources: electric bulbs, torch light, candles, fire, lantern, flashlight, and gaslight.
Uses of light energy
Light energy is used for the following
- To see things clearly.
- To form images: reflection of light causes images to be formed.
- Light energy from the sun forms shadows.
- Green plants use light energy to produce food and the process is called photosynthesis.
- Generation of heat – light rays produce heat energy. Heat energy produces warmth.
- Define light energy.
- List the sources of light energy.
- State the uses of light energy.