WEEK/TERM: THIRD TERM/WEEK 2
CLASS: GRADE 2
SUBJECT: CHRISTIAN RELIGIOUS KNOWLEDGE
TOPIC: SHOWING HOSPITALITY.
BRIEF EXPLANATION: We show love to strangers by welcoming them, providing a place for them to stay and chat with them. Doing these things makes a stranger feel comfortable and welcome.
NOTES FOR THE PUPILS:
Definition of hospitality: – Hospitality means showing love and kindness to visitors and strangers.
The need to be hospitable.
- It is a way of showing love to strangers.
- We may entertain angels without knowing it, just as Abraham did.
- It is a way of fellowshipping with people.
The benefit of being kind and hospitable.
- God will send us a helper in times of our own need.
- It is a way of showing God’s love to mankind.
The people who demonstrated hospitality in the bible.
- Abraham:- Abraham entertained three angels who appeared like men in his home.
- The widow of Zarephath – she prepared food for prophet Elijah with the last flour and oil she had. Because of this, God provided food for her and her supplies didn’t end until the period of famine was over.
- Define hospitality.
- List three people in the bible that showed hospitality.
State two benefit of showing hospitality.