WEEK/TERM: THIRD TERM /WEEK 4
CLASS: Grade 2
DATE: 26th June, 2020
SUBJECT: CHRISTIAN RELIGIOUS KNOWLEDGE
TOPIC: SHOWING DESIRE FOR PEACEFUL CO-EXISTENCE
Reference: The Holy Bible.
To co-exist means to live together with other people from different backgrounds, cultures, traditional and religions. In spite of the many ethnic and cultural groups that we have in Nigeria, we must learn to live in peace and unity with one another.
Definition of peaceful co-existence
Peaceful co-existence means different people living together with one another in peace, understanding, friendship and love.
People in the bible who desired peaceful co-existence are:
- Esau and Jacob
- Philemon and Onesimus
- Isaac and Abimelech
- Abraham and Lot
Read the stories of the people mentioned above, for more understanding.
Benefits of peaceful co-existence:
- It brings progress and creates love amongst people.
- It promotes peace of mind and good health.
- It makes it easier to get God’s help.
How to Show Desire for Peaceful Co-existence
- Call for dialogue.
- Call for reconciliation.
- Define peaceful co-existence.
- Identify people in the bible who desired peaceful co-existence.
- State the benefits of peaceful co-existence.
- State 3 ways of showing desire for peaceful co-existence.