WEEK/TERM: THIRD TERM /WEEK 5
CLASS: Grade 2
DATE: 26th June, 2020
Prepositions are words that show the relationship between a noun and other words in a sentence. Most times, prepositions in sentences come before the nouns or pronouns in a sentence.
Examples of prepositions include: in, across, between, above, at, before, among, behind, upon, of, through, over, for, under, round, on, near, into etc.
Identification of a preposition in a sentence:
- He jumps into the river.
- Ada kept the book on the table.
- They looked through the window.
- The lamp is near the table.
- The sheep jumped over the fence.
- Monkeys live on
- What are prepositions?
- Give seven examples of prepositions.
- Construct five sentences using prepositions.