WEEK/TERM: THIRD TERM /WEEK 3
CLASS: Grade 2
DATE: 26th June, 2020
TOPIC: Present and Past Continuous tense
Present and past continuous tense are tenses of verbs – Remember that verbs are action words?
Present continuous tense is a tense that describes an on-going action in the present. Past continuous tense is a tense used to describe actions continued in the past.
Examples of sentences with verbs in the present continuous tense:
- She is riding a bicycle.
- The children are playing football.
- He is typing the letter.
- Thomas is watching a football match.
- Goodness is taking her bath.
Examples of sentences with verbs in the past continuous tense:
- Rosemary was feeding the baby when I returned.
- Kingsley was making a noise while the teacher was teaching.
- The farmer was watering the crops.
- I was driving when he called.
- She was playing when the visitors came visiting.
- Define present and past continuous tense respectively.
- Construct three sentences with verbs in the present continuous tense.
- Make three sentences with verbs in the past continuous tense.