WEEK/TERM: THIRD TERM /WEEK 4
CLASS: Grade 2
DATE: 26th June, 2020
SUBJECT: National Values
TOPIC: Difference Between National Symbols and other Symbols
National symbols are for the entire country and are recognized both within and outside the country. While other symbols are limited to smaller areas and are used only within the country.
Difference between National Symbols and other Symbols
National symbols are symbols that represents the entire country while other symbols represent certain groups within a country.
Examples of other symbols
- Traditional rulers: These are people who head particular communities. They only have authority and influence in their areas not the entire country. Examples are the Alaafin of Oyo, the Emir of Kano, the Obi of Onitsha, the Oba of Benin, the Oba of Lagos, etc.
- Religious Leaders: These are the spiritual heads of religious organisations. Examples are Imam, Pastors and traditional priests.
- Highway Codes: This is a book that contains the traffic rules, signs and regulations for drivers and other road users.
- Crests: A crest is a design used as a symbol of identification of a particular organization. Examples are crest on a school uniform, crest of Nigeria Medical Association etc.
- Differentiate between national symbols and other symbols.
- List examples of other symbols.