WEEK/TERM: THIRD TERM /WEEK 3
CLASS: Grade 2
DATE: 26th June, 2020
SUBJECT: Pre-vocational Studies
TOPIC: Toilet and Kitchen: Meaning, Types and Care
Reference: Wikipedia and Prevocational Studies for primary 3
A toilet and a kitchen are two important rooms in a house and must be kept neat and tidy all the time.
Notes for the pupils
Definition of toilet
A toilet is a room used for defecation and urination.
Types of toilets
Listed below are some types of toilets that are familiar to us:
- Water closet (water system)
- Semi-water closet
- Pit toilet
- Bucket toilet
- Movable toilet
Definition of kitchen
A kitchen is a room used for food preparation and cooking.
Types of kitchen
Listed below are types of kitchen
- Modern kitchen
- Traditional kitchen
Care of toilet and kitchen
The following are ways we can care for our toilets and kitchens.
- Use disinfectant to clean the toilet.
- Flush the toilet properly after use.
- Empty the waste bin in the kitchen regularly.
- Wash plates every night to avoid rodents and cockroaches in the kitchen.
- Mop the kitchen floor frequently.
- Define the following
(a) A Toilet.
(b) A Kitchen.
- List four (4) types of toilet.
- List 2 types of kitchen.
- State three (3) ways of caring for the toilet and the kitchen.