WEEK/TERM: THIRD TERM /WEEK 6
CLASS: Grade 3
DATE: 26th June, 2020
SUBJECT: National Values
TOPIC: Communication (Old and Modern Means of Communication)
Notes for the Pupils
Communication is the sending and receiving of spoken or written messages between people and places. Letters are the most common means of communication. People communicate in the olden days by talking, singing and dancing and embracing the people they loved. Examples of old forms of communication are, drums, whistles, canon fire, smoke, signals, ship flags, different vocal sounds and groaning.
Today modern methods of communication have advanced so such that we can receive or send messages to or from far places within a very short time.
Examples of modern methods of communication are:
- Social media – direct message
- Instant messages
- SMS text message
- Blogging and voice calling
Types of Modern Communication Devices
- Cellular Phones
- Laptop computers
- Personal digital assistants
Importance of Communication
Communication plays an important role in the development of a country.
- It reduces the distance.
- It makes the flow of information faster.
- It saves time, budget and labour.
- Information and opinions can be shared among many persons at any given time.
- People search the internet to gather knowledge at will.
- What are the advantages of communication?
- What type of communication devices were used in the olden days?