WEEK/TERM: THIRD TERM /WEEK 4
CLASS: Grade 4
DATE: 26th June, 2020
SUBJECT: Basic Science and Technology
The practice of growing and cultivating crops and flowers close to our house or within working distance using a piece of land is referred to as gardening.
Note for the Pupils
Meaning of Gardening
Gardening is the process of growing flowers and plants on a piece of land near a house or in the school.
Gardening tools are instruments used in carrying out activities in the garden. Some common gardening tools are:
- Hand fork
- Watering can etc.
Condition necessary for growing crops
- Good soil: loamy soil enriched with manure is the best soil for planting.
- Air: Till to ensure enough (DO not compact the soil)
- Water: Ensure that the soil has enough water (moisture) in it.
- Sunlight: The plants need the energy from the sun to produce its own food. This process is known as photosynthesis.
- What is gardening?
- List 5 gardening tools.
- Write down the conditions necessary for growing crops.