WEEK/TERM: THIRD TERM/WEEK 1
CLASS: GRADE 4
SUBJECT: CHRISTIAN RELIGIOUS KNOWLEDGE
TOPIC: THE TEN COMMANDMENTS
REFERENCE: Material Holy Bible, Charlie religious and national values textbook for primary 5.
The laws in the Bible.
The Bible contains many laws. The Major set of laws in the Bible is called the Ten Commandments. It is the law given by God to guide the Israelites in their conduct and behavior when they became a nation.
The Ten commandments
- You shall have no other goods before me.
- You shall not make any graven image of things in heaven above or earth beneath or in water under the earth. You shall not serve them or worship them.
- You shall not take the name of the Lord your God in Vain.
- Keep the Sabbath day and make it holy.
- Honour your father and mother.
- You shall not kill.
- You shall not commit adultery.
- You shall not steal.
- You shall not tell lies against your neighbor.
- You shall not covet your neighbour’s house, wife and property.
- There are rewards for those who obey the laws and God blesses and helps those who obey His laws.
- You make where you live peaceful when you obey the law.
Exercises / Assignment.
- Why do we need laws in our society?
2. Write down five of the ten commandments.