WEEK/TERM: THIRD TERM/WEEK 1
CLASS: GRADE 4
REFERENCE: THE MASTERING ENGLISH BOOK, UNIT 44, PAGES 89 AND 90.
BRIEF EXPLANATION: Antonyms are words that are opposite in meaning with other words.
Words whose opposites could be formed by the addition of prefixes and suffixes
Examples for prefixes
Opposites can sometimes be formed by changing the prefix or the suffix
Re-write the sentences below using the opposites of the words underlined.
- The teacher listened to the interesting story.
- The best player is short.
- The poor man refused to see him.
- The bicycle was so new that he bought it.
- That will discourage the dull pupils.
Write down the opposites of the following words: