TERM/WEEK: THIRD TERM/WEEK 4
DATE: 12th July, 2020
CLASS: GRADE 4
TOPIC: World Religions and word pertaining to them
Reference: Mastering English
In the past two weeks you have studied the three major world religions which are: Christianity, Islam and traditional religion.in our lesson this week we shall be considering other world religions.
Notes for the Pupils
- Judaism – The religion founded by the Jews.
- Judases – Believers in Judaism.
- Talmud – Holy Book of Judaism containing the old testament of the Holy Bible.
- Monotheism – Belief in one God – chief belief of Judaism.
- Temple – General place of worship.
- Synagogue – local place of worship.
- Hinduism – The religions founded by Indians in about 1500BC.
- Hindus – Believers in Hinduism.
- Nigveda and Brahamas – Holy book of Hindus.
- Yoga – meditation, Hindus chief means of prayers and purity.
- Samsara – Reincarnation.
- Buddhism – The religion founded by Gautama Buddha of India.
- Buddhist – Believer in Buddhism.
- Tripitaka – Holy Book of Buddhist.
- Nirvana – Eternal happiness for righteous people.
- Confucianism – The religion founded by Confucius of Lu in China.
- Confucians – Believer in Confucianism.
- Lun Yu – Holy Book of Confucians.
- Shintoism – The religion founded by the Japanese in about 800BC.
- Shintoist – Believer in Shintoism.
- Kojiki – Holy Book of Shintoism.
- Ancestor worship – One of Shintoist practices.
- Taoism – The religion founded by Lao-tsu of china in about 600BC.
- Taoism – Believers in Taoism.
- Supreme God – chief object of worship.
- Hero worship – One of the beliefs including magical and mystical rites.
- Nature worship – Another major belief including life after death
- leching – Taoist Holy Book.
- Sikhism – The religion founded in about 1200BC by Guru Nanak of Punjab in India.
- Sikhs – Believers in Sikhism.
- Granfh Sahib – Sacred Book of Sikhs.
- Reincarnation – Beliefs in rebirths after death.
Name three other religions outside the three major religions