TERM/WEEK: THIRD TERM/WEEK 3
DATE: 12th June, 2020
SUBJECT: Basic Science
TOPIC: Athletics: Types and safety rules
Reference: Stan Basic Science and Technology for primary schools book 1.
Athletics is a physical activity which involves running, jumping, or throwing things. It involves using our different parts of the body.
Notes for the pupils
Athletics is a sport whereby people run, jump or throw things.
Types of athletics
There are two types of athletics
- Race: It is a game contested between runners to decide who is the fastest. There are many races: examples are 50 meters dash or long, 100 meters relay race, 200 meters etc.
- Jump: There are different games of jumping. A beginner must learn simple jumps before getting involved in long and high jumps.
Safety rules in athletics:
- Always warm up before you start.
- Wear your sport outfit during sports.
- Follow the instruction of your teachers or coach.
- Avoid playing when you are tired or in pain.
- Know how to correctly use athletics equipment.
- What is athletics?
- List out the two types of athletics.
- Write down 3 safety rules in athletics.
- Name two examples of races.