WEEK/TERM: WEEK 1/THIRD TERM
TOPIC 1: IDENTIFICATION OF VERBS IN SENTENCES.
TOPIC 2: IDENTIFICATION OF NOUNS IN SENTENCES.
BRIEF EXPLANATION: The children are to learn to identify action words or verbs.
NOTES FOR THE CHILDREN
IDENTIFICATION OF VERBS IN SENTENCES. In the sentences below, the children are expected to identify the underlined words as verbs, as they read the sentences.
- They eat every day.
- She danced well.
- The teacher washed her hands with soap and water.
- Covenant likes to watch cartoon.
- The dog barks at him.
- He sings sweetly.
IDENTIFICATION OF NOUNS IN SENTENCES – Nouns have been treated several times with this class. Now the children are expected to identify nouns within a sentence – This is revision work.
- I have a book and a pencil
- Calabar is a big city.
- We went to church on Sunday.
- My name is Elsa.
- The cat is under the table
- My mother is very beautiful.
Exercise / Assignment
Underline the nouns in each of the following sentences.
- Bassey sells at the market.
- They have some oranges and mangoes.
- Where are my keys?
- Use the following verbs to form sentences.
b. Drive –
c. Write –
d. Sweep –
e. Run –