TERM/WEEK: THIRD TERM/WEEK 3
DATE: 12th June, 2020
TOPIC: Prepositions and their Identification in Sentences
Reference: Basic English by Harban Kaur
Notes for the Pupils
A preposition is a word that shows the relationship between two things in a sentence.
This is a list of words that are prepositions:
Identification of prepositions in sentences:
- She is walking up the stairs.
- They are playing outside the classroom.
- Raindrops are falling from the sky.
- Please give this pencil to
- Use these prepositions to make sentences.
- across –
- between –
- inside –
- below –
- in –
- at –
- Underline the preposition in the following sentences.
- This present is for you.
- He stands by the road side.
- The cat is under the chair.
- The book is on the table.
- Nobody is above the law.
- The bag is beside the bed.