TERM/WEEK: THIRD TERM/WEEK 3
DATE: 12th June, 2020
SUBJECT: National Values
TOPIC: Water- Meaning, Sources and Uses.
Reference: Basic Science and Technology for Primary schools Book 1 (UBE edition), page 21.
Water is a liquid without taste, colour and odour, water can be gotten from rivers, boreholes, taps etc. it is used at home, industries and factories.
Notes for the pupils
Water is the liquid that has no colour, no taste and no odour.
Sources of Water
There are two main sources of water namely: natural and artificial sources.
- Natural Sources: natural sources of water are streams, rivers, lakes, oceans, and springs.
- Artificial sources: artificial sources of water are dams, taps and boreholes.
Uses of Water
We use water for the following
- Washing of plates, clothes and other items in the house.
- Flushing of toilets.
- We water our crops with water.
- Water is used in the factory for making soap, butter, biscuits and other products.
- Define water.
- Write down four sources of water you know.
- State four uses of water you have learnt.
- ________ and ________ are the main sources of water.