WEEK/TERM: THIRD TERM/WEEK 2
CLASS: KINDERGARTEN 2
SUBJECT: HEALTH TALK
TOPIC: SETS OF TEETH AND THEIR NUMBERS.
REFERENCE: CHILDREN’S ENCYCLOPAEDIA.
For many, we say teeth and for just one, we say tooth.
Notes for the pupils
There are two sets of teeth namely:
- Milk teeth, Baby Teeth or temporary Teeth.
- Permanent Teeth or Adult teeth.
The first teeth appear when a child is about 6 months old and they keep increasing in number as the child grows older. The first set of teeth are twenty in number.
The second set of teeth replaces the first one as they drop one after the other. They are usually thirty-two in number and are called permanent teeth. We need to brush our teeth daily so that they look sparkling white.
Exercises / Assignment
- There are _______________ sets of teeth.
- Another name for temporary teeth is ___________________
- When does the first set of teeth appear? ____________________
- Another name for permanent teeth is ______________
- The permanent teeth are ____________ number.
- What colour is your teeth?