WEEK/TERM: THIRD TERM/WEEK 3
CLASS: KINDERGARTEN 2
SUBJECT: HEALTH TALK
TOPIC: TYPES OF TEETH/HOW TO PREVENT TOOTH DECAY
REFERENCE: CHILDREN’S ENCYCLOPEDIA
BRIEF EXPLANATION: If you use a mirror to look at your teeth, you will see that they are different from one another. Also, if you do not clean your mouth and brush your teeth regularly, you will have tooth decay.
Notes for the pupils
Teeth are the hard, white objects in the mouth that are used for biting and chewing food.
For many, we say teeth and for just one, we say tooth.
Types of teeth
There are four types of teeth namely.
How to prevent tooth decay
Tooth decay refers to a soft decayed area in a tooth. Tooth decay can be prevented by:
- Brushing the teeth in the morning and in the evening.
- Avoiding sugary foods eg. Sweets.
- Using toothpicks to remove food particles from in between the teeth.
- Rinsing the mouth with water after eating.
- Eating fruits and vegetables.
- How many types of teeth are there?
- List the types of teeth?
- What is tooth decay?
- Write down three ways by which tooth decay can be prevented.