WEEK/TERM: THIRD TERM/WEEK 2
CLASS: KINDERGARTEN 2
SUBJECT: WORD WORK
TOPIC: PREPOSITION – MEANING, EXAMPLES AND USES IN SENTENCES.
REFERENCE: MODERN NURSERY ENGLISH 3 PAGE 49.
BRIEF EXPLANATION: A proposition is a part of speech in the English language.
Prepositions are words which link nouns, pronouns and phrases to other words in a sentence.
They usually describe the position of something,
the time when something happens
and the way in which something is done.
NOTES FOR THE PUPILS
A preposition is a word that tells us the position of things.
Examples of prepositions.
- in front
- between etc.
Uses of prepositions in sentences – Examples:
- The cat is under the bed.
The word ‘under’ is a preposition because it tells us where the cat is.
- My friend lives across the road.
The word ‘cross’ is a preposition because it shows / tells us where my friend is living.
- The teacher sits in front of the class.
The word infront is a preposition because it shows / tells us where the teacher us sitting.
- What is a preposition?
- Write five examples of prepositions you know.
- Underline the prepositions in these sentences:
- The children are playing in the field.
- The basket is behind the door.
- She is reading under a tree.
- My pencil is inside my bag.
Make a sentence with each of the word below. The first one has been done for you:
- In – I am in the school.
- Wear –
- Behind –
- Under –
- Kennel –
- Near –
- On –
- Best –
- Teacher –
- Addition –